What is Load-balancing and Do I Need It? - Hardware vs. Software – A Comparison
(Page 5 of 6 )
- Less expensive than hardware solutions.
- Some packages have many more configuration and customization options allowing specific tailoring to your needs.
- Most packages cannot handle large sites or complex networks.
- Packages that will support larger systems require an abundant amount of hardware.
- Hardware-centric approach is typically more robust than software options.
- Processes traffic at the network level, which is nominally more efficient than software decryption.
- Work with any OS or platform.
- Higher costs than normally associated with software based solutions.
More Web Hosting Articles Articles
More By Rich Smith