Use Add-On Domains to Optimize Your Web Hosting Space - How to Create an add-on Domain
(Page 2 of 3 )
How to Create an add-on Domain
1. Register your new add-on domain with a domain name
2. Point the DNS (domain name sever) information of your new add-on domain to the same DNS of your web host.
3. Allow 24-48 hours for the DNS to propagate over the Net before uploading your files.
4. Log in to your cpanel (web hosting manager) and scroll to add-on domains.
5. Fill in these three fields:
New Domain Name: SiteB.com (Do not put any http:// or www)
Name: SiteB (Enter 'SiteB ' by itself. Do not put any '.com' or 'www')
(Enter any password you wish.)
6. Click the 'Add Domain' button. It takes a couple of
minutes for the system to set-up an add-on domain name.
7. Once it completes, your add-on domain name will be ready.
You can then log into your account and you should see a sub
folder called /SiteB inside of your public_html folder.
Simply upload index pages, images and any other information
More Web Hosting Articles Articles
More By Herman Drost