E-store Hosting: Free Options for Beginners - Promotional Hints
(Page 4 of 4 )
A note on using online stores with brick and mortar stores.
This set of complementary practices can be easily integrated with a few tips.
- Be sure to include your e-store's URL on your marketing materials.
- Link to your shop from your main site to help customers find it easily.
- Use unique SEO on each site. Similar is okay, but identical is not. It will be seen as spamming by the search engines.
- If available, use widgets to showcase items on your main site. This is doubly important for sales events.
- Keep sales, prices and discounts consistent in both places, or customers who find out that they could have gotten a better price from you online will be upset.
Some free promotions tools to use with your new shop
Since a shop that no one knows about is as useless as a screen door on a submarine, these tools can help you to promote your sweet new e-store to the masses.
SEO tools is a site that can help you choose your keywords.
Twitter can help you attract people with links.
Facebook lets you give more detailed information and get interaction with your clients.
Of course, there is a wide variety of tools that you can find online. Feel free to look around and see what you are happy with, and which methods you want to pass on by.
Now that you have chosen a site and learned how to promote it, all that is left to do is to wish you the best of luck with your new shop.
| DISCLAIMER: The content provided in this article is not warranted or guaranteed by Developer Shed, Inc. The content provided is intended for entertainment and/or educational purposes in order to introduce to the reader key ideas, concepts, and/or product reviews. As such it is incumbent upon the reader to employ real-world tactics for security and implementation of best practices. We are not liable for any negative consequences that may result from implementing any information covered in our articles or tutorials. If this is a hardware review, it is not recommended to open and/or modify your hardware. |